Realidades Paralelas

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Great Works in Programming Languages

I guess I never linked to this before, even though I was certain I had. It's a list of papers selected by a community of programming language researchers as the most important and representative of the field. The collection is called Great Works in Programming Languages. Worth taking a look.

I have read and reviewed "An axiomatic basis for computer programming" by C.A.R. Hoare, here (in portuguese). I've read "A theory of type polymorphism in programming" by Milner more than once, and never finished "Towards a theory of type structure" by Reynolds. I also read the one by Landin ("The next 700 programming languages") and Plotkin's "Call-by-name, call-by-value, and the λ-calculus" is on my queue. Maybe someday I'll get back to them and post reviews.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home